Our service schedule varies throughout the year so please check back often or updates.
HIGH HOLIDAY SERVICES IN WESTCHESTER AND QUEENS, NY and ORANGE COUNTY, CA
(Perfect for beginners)
(Read a great article about one of our previous services in Jewish Week)
Our Rosh Hashanna and Yom Kippur services combine traditional elements and fresh innovations and have been the subject of stories on CBS-TV, News 12 and in the New York Times, the Gannett newspapers, the Jewish Press and the Jewish Week. Everything done at our services is explained and we encourage questions. Our atmosphere is warm and loving. We will do our best so you never feel alone or lost. Home hospitality for the holidays is available. (R.S.V.P. or Read the top 10 reasons why our services can’t be missed and you should R.S.V.P. right away)
High Holiday Top 10 List
- We have programs and babysitting for kids
- You get to pray in a beautiful room in a beautiful new building.
- Our services have been featured on CBS-TV, News 12, New York Times, the Gannett newspapers, the Jewish Press and the Jewish Week
- We not only preach unity, we practice it. Our members come from every conceivable background.
- We do house calls. Members of our congregation get personal services from the Rabbi (for free).
- I get really upset when I go to the mailbox and there are no reservations.
- The holidays come really late this year and you don’t want to .forget..
- My brilliant wife who is a gourmet cook would love to invite you over for a gourmet lunch during the holidays. Just ask.
- You or the kids or both can come to tailor made classes about Judaism which we will create just for you.
- You can’t beat our price – pay what you wish or nothing.
- Our services have been specially designed to meet your needs and have explanations (and many times explorations) before every prayer. We guarantee if you pray with us it will be a growth experience.
Meaningful, Inspiring, And Relevant. (and Free!). Join us for this warm and open forum, where you can not only pray, but also discover the meaning and relevance of the High Holiday prayers. Jews of all different backgrounds will come together for a dynamic experience of spirituality and growth. Rosh Hashana Service includes traditional blowing of the Shofar on both days. Yom Kippur Service is followed by Yizkor Memorial Prayers.
SHABBAT SERVICES IN QUEENS
Beginners Service (Instructional Minyan)
Jewish Heritage Center
68-29 Main Street
Kew Gardens Hills, Queens
Always the first and third Shabbos of every month.
For more details call: Bob/Susie Garber (718) 268-2448 or The Jewish Heritage Center at (718) 575-3100
Our Passover seders are free, user friendly and traditional. We offer all of the invaluable joy and meaning at no cost. Our Passover sedarim will be taking place at the beautiful Young Israel of New Rochelle and are cosponsored with the synagogue that has once again opened its doors with no charge. We are honored that the Oster Family has chosen to sponsor the sederim in memory of my long time study partner Stephen Oster.
So, why should you come? Maybe because you want the warm atmosphere we have built even though many people who come don’t really know anyone there. Maybe you should come because you want a seder that is sophisticated but fun and easy to understand at the same time. Maybe you should come because you can’t beat the price (FREE-voluntary contributions accepted). But you know you should come-one night or both and we would love to have you.
Reservations are required, space is limited and contributions accepted. To learn more and to reserve, call Mat Hoffman at (914) 481-7584 today. Please make our work easier by reserving as soon as you can. Also, you too can support us by mailing a tax deductible check to the Flame at 62 Rose Hill Ave, 10804.
And, if you are running your own seder and would like tips, we would be happy to set up an internet class if there is interest. Please let us know about that too.